- Always be on time, ideally early. 9 am is late, 8.55 am is on time
- If you are late, make sure you apologise.
- Don't clock-watch at the end of the day. Finish what you are doing before you leave.
- In the morning, be at your desk early, with a coffee and ready to go!
- Be polite and professional
- Never ignore an email
- Don't use your phone at your desk; use it for your music or business but not to check social media.
- Talk to others how you would like to be talked to.
- Always carry a notebook; write things down.
- Ask once, ask twice, three is getting frustrating. (mistakes are ok, the same mistake is not)
- Always check your work thoroughly.
- Accuracy is more important than speed.
Respect and trust
- Respect is not given; it is earned
- Build respect and trust
- Respect everyone and don't come across arrogant
- Embrace any training offered.
- CPD sessions are for your professional development, and they are therefore in your time
- Thinking Thursday is our weekly commitment to your development.
- The graduate programme is for you to learn the things you might not learn at university
- We will provide you with formal Revit training to improve your skills
In the office
- Don't eat at your desk.
- Have breakfast before you arrive.
- Dress appropriately for the meeting you are having. You would dress differently to meet the bank manager than you would when meeting a colleague.
- Earphones are ok when you need to concentrate, but you will learn a lot when listening to what is going on around the office.
- We are not a silent office, and we like teams to communicate. However, Don't chat for extended periods; you are disturbing others.
- Don't come in hungover from the night before.